Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:23:33 PM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: What type of dental crown ("cap") should you have made?  (Read 4825 times)  Share 

nonpop

• View Profile
What type of dental crown ("cap") should you have made?
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
Dental crowns can be made from ceramic materials (porcelain), metal (gold), or a combination of both (porcelain fused to metal).

1- All porcelain dental crowns are constructed in a manner where the entire crown is made of all porcelain. These crowns can possess a translucency that makes them the most similar to your natural teeth by being cosmetically pleasing when you smile.

2-All metal crowns, such as gold crowns, can withstand biting and chewing forces well. Gold crowns probably have the greatest potential for lasting the longest because the wear rate is about the same as a person's own tooth enamel.

3-Porcelain fused to metal dental crowns are somewhat of a hybrid between all metal crowns and all porcelain crowns. They have the strength and durability of a metal crown but have the cosmetic appearance of an all porcelain crown.

johnbazon

• View Profile
Re: What type of dental crown ("cap") should you have made?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
My smile is awful. :( My teeth are crooked in both upper and lower and most of front teeth are eroded. Some people told me to get the braces but I don't want to. Braces in the age of 40??? Seriously??? H.. No! I was wondering if the crowns could help.

Kmalik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:00:09 PM by Kmalik »

sparta110

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
I used to have the problem like you, Johnbazon. My dentist in Australia advised me to have the metal braces but it was gonna impact my job. (I work as an MC.) When I came to Thailand for vacations a year ago, I visited a dental clinic for teeth evaluation to see other options I can get. They told me the crooked and out of alignment teeth could be fixed by dental crowns as well but the result was not gonna be as good as getting braces. Finally I decided to get 4 crowns on bottom front teeth. I'm now happy with the result and can smile and speak with more confidence! I'm planning to come back to Thailand this October for getting some veneers for top front teeth too.