Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:17:50 PM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: RETIREMENT IN PHUKET - ANY HELP?  (Read 4533 times)  Share 

ANDREAS1954

• View Profile
RETIREMENT IN PHUKET - ANY HELP?
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:16:11 AM »
Hi to everybody:

We have visited Thailand 4 times for the last 10 years about 15 days each time and we thought it a wonderful place and the people so nice.

We have lived in Athens,Greece over 15 years but are beginning to tire of the attitude the lifestyle and the high prices.

We wondered if Thailand was the place to be for when retired (this is about 10 years from now)

We think to buy a house in Phuket, to use it as an investment for now and then to use it us our retirement home.
We have been in Phuket once, only for 10 days, so any advice about how life is there for expats would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Maaki2

• View Profile
Re: RETIREMENT IN PHUKET - ANY HELP?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
Really tricky question.How can anyone know what it will be like here in ten years?
All I can say is, we have lived in Thailand for five years ,Phuket for the last two, but there are two stories. One can be told,
it's a simple and pleasant life, property is rising steadily so start looking now, but you can still have a stunning condo for under 10,000,000 bht , or a small house for 4,000,000.You can live on 100,000 a month to be comfortable,but do your research well.
The other I will impart if you want to pm me.

ANDREAS1954

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 12:17:40 AM »
Really tricky question.How can anyone know what it will be like here in ten years?
All I can say is, we have lived in Thailand for five years ,Phuket for the last two, but there are two stories. One can be told,
it's a simple and pleasant life, property is rising steadily so start looking now, but you can still have a stunning condo for under 10,000,000 bht , or a small house for 4,000,000.You can live on 100,000 a month to be comfortable,but do your research well.
Thanks for your answer,
I really would like to know the second storie. Is there a trap about life in Phuket?
Any advice about the different regions of Phuket. Which one is best for a foreigner to live?

Kmalik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:27:51 AM »
Suggest you take a few holidays in Phuket if you want to see what it's like and if you'll fit in. There are a lot of long term expats (a large percentage retirees) in the south of the island. You might want to take a look around that area but really depends what you want. As previous poster mentioned, you cannot really say how a place will be in 10 years. You also cannot guarantee that buying a property anywhere will be a good investment. Having said that, we are doing just that at the end of the year - retiring to Phuket.

Not sure what previous poster was referring to about second story, but every place in the world has its good and bad points - you just have to work out which place is the best for you. Good luck!

Maaki2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:49 AM »
Thanks for your answer,
I really would like to know the second storie. Is there a trap about life in Phuket?
Any advice about the different regions of Phuket. Which one is best for a foreigner to live?

I will answer a p.m.