Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 21, 2024, 02:25:43 AM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Any vaccinations required before going to Thailand?  (Read 3925 times)  Share 

misterA

• View Profile
Any vaccinations required before going to Thailand?
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:01:42 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm from Australia and will travel to Bangkok for the first time for two weeks. Can anyone recommend what kind of vaccinations I should take before getting there?

Are the spicy foods avoidable in Thailand? As I have a weak stomach and gas problem.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:16:05 AM by misterA »

paulhamon

• View Profile
Re: Any vaccinations required before going to Thailand?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
Generally,I would say that you don't need to get any vaccinations for the places you are visiting. I certainly wouldn't bother, but you should check with your doctor as it's a personal condition.

There are plenty of non spicy foods in Thailand, especially some of the noodles soups, sweet curry, fried rice etc. Just read the menu carefully and be sure to mention to the waiter/waitress that you want completely non spicey or "MAI PHED" in thai. I've never had a problem.

srmrez

• View Profile
Re: Any vaccinations required before going to Thailand?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:02:07 AM »
You should take Hepatitis A and B vaccination and your Tetanus shots should also be current. Those vaccines are not just for Thailand but as your standard protection. Beyond that you cannot really get vaccinations for anything that you might contract in Thailand.

In addition, use a mosquito repellant, and be careful of what you eat.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:06:56 AM by srmrez »