Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:48:59 PM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: 1st time in Thailand  (Read 3818 times)  Share 

Foz7484

• View Profile
1st time in Thailand
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »
Hi so it's my 2st time in Thailand, I'm travelling there in December for 15 nights, I'm thinking off Bangkok for 3 nights, then getting a flight too Phuket patong for 5 nights, then was hoping to do a jungle over night tour, then off too koh phi phi for two nights. Does this sound like a good trip, is it capable, I'm not sure how too go about it should I book my hotel ect before i go, or when I'm there, should I do like a itinery or just get there and go with the flow. I'm just after some ideas and tips, I want it too be a trip off a life time, I want too go on a elephant trek maybe shark watching things like that.

Look forward to repies thankyou.

coptor505

• View Profile
Re: 1st time in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »
Personally, I'd avoid Patong. Instead of getting a flight to Phuket, I'd get the 19.30 sleeper train to Surat Thani and then a bus to Khao Sok National Park (buses leave every hour). After a day or two, head down to Krabi and then go to whatever island you feel like.
You might need to book accommodation in KSNP, but aside from that I'd just play it by ear. Unless you're planning on being there over Christmas, in which case it would be prudent to book ahead in most places.

RiniRabbit

• View Profile
Re: 1st time in Thailand
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:13:34 PM »
Depends when in Dec you'll be there, if earlier in Dec' you can probably move around OK without pre-booking accomm' but around Xmas it'll be difficult as X-mas/NYE people tend to book in and stay put, then you get a large movement of people around Jan 2,3,4. But at any of these tourist meccas it can be tough finding accomm from late Dec to early Jan.

Phuket's OK, you'll enjoy Patong too if you're a party person and enjoy a few beers. If you're not a party person and don't drink then give it a miss as it'll get on your nerves.

There are lots of organized tours available from Phuket, you'll walk past a zillion tour and travel agents with photos in their shop windows. You can go to PP Islands, PhangNga Bay (James Bond Is), elephant treks, jungle tours, temple tours. Organized tours and daytrips are OK, make it easy to go see places, others prefer to do it themselves, use the LP guidebook and go to less touristy spots. Whatever's best for you works..