Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:05:11 PM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Bangkok Dental Works - Deep Cleaning ---  (Read 4462 times)  Share 

madanapalle2

• View Profile
Bangkok Dental Works - Deep Cleaning ---
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:23:20 AM »
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a redundant thread, but it's my 1st question posted on this interesting site.

I'll be visiting Bangkok around December and would like to have some minor dental works done, including deep cleaning and possibly whitening. I'd pay for quality works, not terribly expensive, and hopefully in a modern dental office w/ modern equipments. Please provide some info including links to websites, prices, locations, and whatever else you may. Do I need to make advance appt. and how long in advance? Can you just show up for 1st come 1st serve services? I'd appreciate it very much for your info and advice. Thank you for your help.

M.

stitchintime

• View Profile
Re: Bangkok Dental Works - Deep Cleaning ---
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »
not sure what deep cleaning is???

You can just walk in but may have to wait. Appointment is better as good places gets booked out quickly.

Bangkok Dental Hospital, Bangkok Dental Smile, Bangkok Dental Spa. Loads of them. Also SEARCH this branch for many threads on this.

nonpop

• View Profile
Re: Bangkok Dental Works - Deep Cleaning ---
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:50:37 AM »
Be VERY careful.
Every year many people come to Thailand for medical treatment because it is "cheaper" than their home country or they avoid waiting lists.
however there are also a lots of people who get a raw deal.

Firstly any medical care in Thailand is very much a lottery - whilst there are good Doctors and Dentists in Thailand how will YOU know which one is any good. Thanks to a vey corrupt and unmonitored system Doctors and quacks can operate here with almost tool impunity.

Many people go home thinking they have had a wonderful stay - the hospital LOOKED great and plenty of people dressed in nurses uniforms tended to them

When they get home though the story is not always so rosy - many find that the treatment they had was not either necessary or carried out correctly. They sometimes find that the work they had done comes undone ........ you are then left with the most serious problem

COMEBACK - who do you complain to?
THe chances are if you complain to the hospital you will be met by a wall of silence or prevarication........getting redress s almost impossible

Big names lie Bumrungrad are by no means a guarantee of high standards - they have had some major complaints over the last few years.

Check out this link about one of the "top" hospitals in Thailand.

Malpractice

THis is actually a sign that things are getting better - but it still took 16 YEARS to get a result!!!!!