Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 07:17:05 AM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Krabi for New Years Eve! What to do?  (Read 4071 times)  Share 

yellowchewy

• View Profile
Krabi for New Years Eve! What to do?
« on: October 06, 2012, 12:22:16 AM »
Hi A few of us (4) will be in Krabi for NYE visiting from California for the first time. Does anyone know of a good bar, good music? party place that won't be too crazy?
We understand that Krabi is a lot calmer than Phuket and we are happy about that...but would like some info on places to party a little? the Rock bar maybe?

Your comments are appreciated!
:)

santeria01

• View Profile
Re: Krabi for New Years Eve! What to do?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
 Yes, Krabi is calmer than Phuket , you can stay at Koh Lanta if you like quiet place but still need to stay in big island and Klong Dao beach is good (not too quiet). otherwise you can stay at Phi Phi Lodalam bay is nice you can walk to Ton Sai bay easily there's pub/bar open in the evening till nigh

coptor505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »
Railey beach will be happening. Rayavadee resort will usually put on a big firework display that you won't see, but it lights up the sky and you get great views of the outlines of the limestone mountains surrounding the area. If you were to go straight out in a boat a few hundred meters from the beach you might be able to catch the fireworks in the distance.

NZ_EVANS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »
Hello! I am planning on being in Krabi for NYE as well...It my first time to Thailand so I'm not in any position to give advice. But I'm also looking for something not quite as crazy as Phuket, and I heard Ao Nang is a nice alternative so I'm thinking of heading there. I'll be traveling solo and would love to meet up if you will be in the area! If you are interested, send me a pm. :)