Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:58:52 PM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Are there any bars or clubs on nai yang beach?  (Read 11613 times)  Share 

kilite109

• View Profile
Are there any bars or clubs on nai yang beach?
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
Is there like a disco somesort the same concept as hollywood bandkok and pattaya with thai live band playing and frequent by mostly locals?How much for a bottle of whiskey? Cheers!

Softpie

• View Profile
Re: Are there any bars or clubs on nai yang beach?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
There are a lot of bigger clubs such as Hollywood,Tiger,Seduction and Taipan.Taipan is free entry all night and local beer costs 120B for Chang and 140B for Singha but you can get buy 1 drink and get a free shooter vouchers from people handing them out in Bangla.Tiger costs 180B entry and you get a free drink but i was there last week and it's absolutely packed by midnight.Hollywood is mainly the younger 18-25 tourist set and Seduction is the more European crowd.Rockcity next door to Taipan has a rockin band every night,mainly ACDC cover bands.

kilite109

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:05:30 PM »
Anywhere with thai rock bands? Hmmm. Feel like heading to somewhere with less tourist! Haha. Thanks for all the info though. Really helps a lot! Cheers mate. Anyone heading there next week? Will be there on friday.

Softpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »
Stay out of Patong if you want less tourists.The Hard Rock has a local Thai band most nights but they're not that great and drink prices are 250+ for beer.

Kmalik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »
You will find in Phuket Town but not in Patong or the tourist beach areas.

There 'used to be' places frequented by lots of Thai people with Thai bands and singers in the 90's but they are long gone.

Not sure though that you would want to go to Phuket Town and head back late.

Places in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Hat Yai etc all have places frequented by lots of Thais and have the Thai rock and pop bands, singers, dancers, whole atmosphere but apart from Phuket Town itself that is all you will have.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:19:03 PM by Kmalik »

kilite109

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
Yup. I know. I've been to the thai clubs on ekamai in bkk and thai clubs in many other provinces as well. I've visited many places but this is my first time to phuket. Just like the crowd and atmosphere in these places instead of those gogo bars. Haha. Thanks for the advice!