Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:31:24 AM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Where i can do best shopping in thailand?  (Read 5872 times)  Share 

aish501

• View Profile
Where i can do best shopping in thailand?
« on: February 24, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »
Hi,

I am willing to know about shopping spots in bangkok coz i have planned to visit thailand next month 8)

atiumm

• View Profile
Re: Where i can do best shopping in thailand?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »
Mah Boon Krong(MBK): Shop till drop in MBK Bangkok

MBK is located on Phayathai Road, near Siam Tower and Hard Rock Cafe .... The multi-storey MBK is probably Bangkok's most legendary shopping mall, popular with both tourists and locals. Eight floors packed with 2,000 shops that sell everything from clothing, fashion accessories, handbags, leather products and luggage to furniture, mobile phones, electric appliances, cameras, stationery and DVDs. As u r exhousted of shop till drop, there is a huge food court where u can have several kinds of food and refreshments ....

Compared to European Countries most things are seen as more cheaper, depending on the quality and where they are produced ... But for sure many things to buy for very reasonable prices ... :)

What to buy: First of all, bargain for anything and everything ... All the salesman have some small calculaters in their hands showing u the price and u start up writing down the half of it, and then he / she writes down the double and so goes on the story ... he hee ... Fashion outlets cover everything from jeans, outsized clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories, jewellery, trendy apparel and famous-name brands. The bargain prices of many of these items mean that merchandise is often copy products or from questionable origin. It's important to take a closer look at the quality and craftsmanship. Also new phones, second-hand phones, the latest (copy) DVDs, PC games and games consoles, MP3 players and this and that electronics ....

What to pay: A lot ... :)

winkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:04:57 PM »
The MBK centre is a huge shopping mall 8vstories high. I went here to buy a Thai sim card but obviously being a shopping mall it is full of clothes shops, restaurants etc etc.

I asked a couple of tuk tuk drivers to take me there and they didnt now where i meant but it is well known amongst Thai's

MBK centre is especially good for electronic good - mobile phones in aprticular and also has good prices on fake designer goods.

The clothes are inexpensive in relation to western prices but i didnt really have a great look

Mstani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »

yellowstar9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:47 PM »
it depends on what you want to buy. go to jj market for random shopping because there's everything over there. there are also lots of shopping malls around Siam if you want to buy clothes or any cool stuff. some people told me to go to night market near jj market but i missed this out last time.
around the world

BoyzMZ

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amphawaguide.com
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:06 PM »
Terminal 21, Sukhumvit   ;D ;D ;D
เที่ยวอัมพวา หาที่พักอัมพวา ต้องที่นี่เลย Click !!!
จัดซุ้มลูกโป่ง จัดซุ้มลูกโป่งงานแต่ง แนะนำที่ Click !!!
Two Heads better Than one | Tokmun Productions SEO

atiumm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 02:12:02 AM »
Terminal 21,,,,,,window shopping only :P

jimlove

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »
Platinum Fashion Mall

The Platinum Fashion Mall is a huge, in-door market made up of various clothing and shoe stalls selling almost every imaginable fashion accessory from underwear, maternity wear and winter clothing. Finding the Mall is fairly easy although the trip isn't an easy one as it's in one of the worst traffic areas of Bangkok.

To get there, it's probably best to grab a taxi and just tell them "Platinum". However, if you don't mind walking in the heat a bit, then you can take the Skytrain to either Chidlom (Where you can also go shopping at Central Chidlom) or Siam (great shopping area). But wherever you get off, you will have to walk around 15 minutes and past Central World, over the small bridge which traverses the very dirty and smelly "San Sap" canal and then round the corner and opposite the Amari Watergate hotel.

Enjoy!!

gleeglee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
The platinum fashion mall offers really fantastic shopping experience for ladies. Both my wife and my mum could shop nonstop for 6 hours with only a short break for lunch at level 6 food court. A great variety of lady's wear from casual wear to office attire to evening gown all at wholesale price. Need to bargain though; most would offer wholesale price for a minimum of 2 items (different design), some do offer wholesale price for 1 piece, especially when they first start the business in the morning. Normally wholesale price for accessories like hand bag is valid for a minimum of 3 pieces. Recently the hand bag and belt section has been relocated to the new building of platinum mall next to the original building. The food variety at the level 6 food court is great. You have to buy a credit saved in a prepaid card to be used to buy the foods. The unused credit will be refunded at the same counter.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:26:18 PM by gleeglee »