Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:24:00 AM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Outdoor/Camping/Hiking shops in Chiang Mai  (Read 4453 times)  Share 

dreamsignals86

• View Profile
Outdoor/Camping/Hiking shops in Chiang Mai
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »
Going to India in October and the girlfriend is meeting me there. I won't be able to go shopping with her in Chiang Mai as I'm coming from Egypt at the time. I'm trying to figure out what she can get in Chiang Mai and what I need to buy in the States and bring her.

I'm looking for a place where she can get good hiking boots or trail shoes as we'll be in the Himalayas for a while. Also looking for some kind of Carhartt like pants... not zipper cargo, but something that is a bit better (and warmer) for cold weather.

Also need a place to get a descent sleeping bag. Not one of those crappy ones from Tesco Lotus, but something that can actually keep her warm.

davelliot

• View Profile
Re: Outdoor/Camping/Hiking shops in Chiang Mai
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
Is there a Super Sports store there? If so, they have a fair selection of gear. I'd recommend she visits one of the bigger malls there. Even here in Pattaya, our big mall has North Face and a few other well known brand name stores.

kakijalan

• View Profile
Re: Outdoor/Camping/Hiking shops in Chiang Mai
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:27:19 AM »
1- I haven't heard of Super Sports. There is a shop called Export Shop on Huay Kaew road that has north face fleeces, which is one of the items on the list. I've seen specialty shops like that in Bangkok as well, but in Chiang Mai I've only seen Levis shops and things of that sort.

2- Do you know the name of any specific shop? Do they have western brand stuff?

Kathie

• View Profile