Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:29:19 AM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Anyone traveling to Thailand in December?  (Read 4527 times)  Share 

JoeDW

• View Profile
Anyone traveling to Thailand in December?
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »
Hi,
This is my first time on this forum, and it will be my first time traveling to Thailand. I leave the US on December 24th and return January 8 I'll be traveling alone but I would like to meet other young adults traveling and make friends.

Does anyone know where I should stay for New Years? Im staying in Bangkok for 25th through the 28th then thinking of going to Phuket and staying there till the 2nd of January and going on from there to Karibi and then Chang Mai

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Will anyone on here be traveling during that time?

Joseph

kakijalan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone traveling to Thailand in December?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:28:32 AM »
Hi Joseph

I think you might like to stay at Khao San Road in Bangkok (Near Sanam Luang), there lots of backpackers and I think you may like enjoy travel around there (Food,Temples,Museum),
About go to Phuket ,if you will fly from BKK I advice you to looking flight of AirAsia (cheap and okay), or you can take Bus at Khao San.
and then you can fly from Krabi - Chang Mai.

FromDC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:35:22 AM »
24 dec - 8 jan - 15 days
25-28 dec BKK
29-2 Jan Phuket
6 days left to get to Krabi and then Chaing Mai? Why rush? Spend an extra day in each of BKK andPhuket and 4 days in either Krabi OR Chiang Mai. Less stress.

JoeDW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
Thank you Kaki I was actually thinking that maybe I should spend more time in less places. But now I'm thinking maybe I should go North from BKK and then head south to the beaches of Phi Phi for new years and then make my way across to ko Samui and then pattaya. Still I might be pushing it. There's just so much I want to do

JoeDW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
24 dec - 8 jan - 15 days
25-28 dec BKK
29-2 Jan Phuket
6 days left to get to Krabi and then Chaing Mai? Why rush? Spend an extra day in each of BKK andPhuket and 4 days in either Krabi OR Chiang Mai. Less stress.

Thank you DC,
A lot of advice has led me to stay near the khan San Road and take in all the culture. I want to visit the floating markets, and of course some temples maybe even a muay Thai fight. I'm not sure if I should go to Phuket or karibi to spend new years. Where do you think I'll have more fun?

I also heard something about moon parties, do these happen often?

Thank you

coptor505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:51:07 PM »

nonpop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 12:53:06 AM »
I'm taking my 14th trip to bangkok this December, arriving 2 days after you.
Since you have 2 weeks, Choose the north or the south, but not both. Running around spending days traveling won't make your trip very enjoyable.
In my humble opinion, you should go to Bangkok, stay on Koh San Road for a day and then take the train to Suratthani and a Ferry to Koh Phan Ngan and stay there until it's time to leave. I know there are so many things you want to see, but you will just stress yourself out if you try to see a bunch of stuff in 2 weeks. Take the money you would have spent on extra plane tickets and go scuba diving, elephant riding, jet skiing, fishing, do archery, go out for sushi, and buy drinks for your new found friends at the bar. There is a huge party on Koh Phan Ngan on Friday December 28th for the full moon, that will continue right until New Years Eve. If you don't get to Koh Phan Ngan until the 28th, book ahead. Really. I've seen people sleeping in hammocks in bars on the other side of the island, the night before the full moon party. Koh Phan Ngan is my favorite place in the world. I've spent months there. I've been all over Thailand and for a two week vacation, it's the best.