Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:09:41 PM
:
Welcome!

Author Topic: Dental Implant  (Read 3693 times)  Share 

thaibeachlovers

• View Profile
Dental Implant
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:17:55 AM »
Anyone have a dental implant? Is it worth it? I had a molar crack in half, length-wise, the front facing half is still there, but the other half was extracted. The remaing 1/2 should last me till next year, but then I need to do something about it. Yes, I could just have the other 1/2 extracted and go without it but I smile like a Chesire cat, so all my teeth are visible. It's like 2 grand to have an implant put it. Is it really worth it?

Any thoughts?

Would it be cheaper to go to Canada or Mexico and have it done there? Lasik was like 1/2 price up in Quebec, but that was ages ago, when the dollar was strong.

stitchintime

• View Profile
Re: Dental Implant
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »
 Get it done in Bangkok for a quarter of the US price.

thaibeachlovers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:04:31 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking of that. If I did it in conjunction with a vacation to Thailand. The savings alone would almost pay for the trip. My only concern would be follow up care.

davelliot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 01:08:20 AM »
I have a friend who goes to Mexico for all of her dental work. She's had a lot done including bridges and implants and all. If you want a recommendation, let me know.

thaibeachlovers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:09:49 AM »
Thanks, I have a feeling my next two vacays are gonna be dental......Mom's gonna miss me in Florida!